Using Webcam as Home Security

Nontek 18 Apr 12
Answered

A friend has asked my advice on possibility of using a Webcam for Security Surveillance. I have told her it is possible but that I have no experience of same.

Any advice please that I can pass on, would be most welcome. Inexpensive or Free would help!

TIA ....

spuds 18 Apr 12

This subject as been aired before on the forum. There are software packs out there, that will do the job. So possibly a quick internet search might bring some results.

I have just put 'using webcam for surveillance' in Google, and it came up with quite a number of what appears to be good links.

Nontek 18 Apr 12

Hi spuds, thanks for your input - I have already had a Google and have noted a couple of links to pass on, was hoping someone might have had actual experience and could put in a word.

Woolwell 18 Apr 12

alan14 is probably the person you want to respond.

Nontek 18 Apr 12

^

Nontek 19 Apr 12
Answer

My friend is happy with link I gave her, so I will give this one the Green-tick!!

Thanks to all who answered.

In case anyone else is interested, this is the link .....

enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message