using two scanners

MIKE 10:08 17 Mar 04

I have recently installed a second scanner onto my computer. One scanner to scan slides and negatives, the other for normal scanning. They both work satisfactory if one only is connected but the negative scanner will not work if they are both connected, so I have to unplug the usb cable of the normal scanner in order to scan negatives or slides.
I have contacted both manufacturers(Canon and Jessups) but they both seem to blame each other.
Has anybody out there any ideas as its a bit unsatisfactory unplugging and plugging in the usb cables.
Many thanks forany ideas

Diodorus Siculus 14:46 17 Mar 04

I have been thinking about this one...

Do you have separate TWAIN software for each? Can you configure software for each, or is the the same program that launches each time?

ventanas 15:24 17 Mar 04

I had exactly this problem a while back with a Canon flatbed and a Jessop transparency scanner.
With both connected only the flatbed was seen by whatever program I was using, PSP, Photoshop etc. If I unplugged the flatbed the other one was there.

Never did solve it, but Jessops did take their item back and refund me. To be fair to them, Jessops did try very hard to sort it, but to no avail.

I think the Jessop scanner was a Minolta clone, and that they just simply clashed with each other. Now got two completely different scanners, and no problems.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

MIKE 17:33 17 Mar 04

Not sure what you mean Diodorus Siculus, all I know is that I loaded both drivers to the computer and they us different scanning programes. As I am not going to use the negative scanner on a daily basis and am unplugging the usb lead from a hub connection I think I can manage but I would ideally like to have a better solution

wee eddie 17:36 17 Mar 04

You could load each Scanner to a different ID.

MIKE 17:53 17 Mar 04

I am Using XP but don't quite understand the context ID.
Although I can manage to use thevariouseprograms I havn't a clue about px as I have only just stated using it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…