Using TV as a monitor

captain birdseye 10:49 15 Jul 04

Hopefully an easy question......can I get a lead (and if so what do I ask for) which will project the image from a laptop to a tv screen or will I need additional bits of kit?

Thanks in advance for your help

€dstowe 10:59 15 Jul 04

Before you do anything, I can tell you that the definition given by the CRT in a television set makes it almost useless as a computer monitor.

Have a look at the coarse picture on a TV screen and compare it with what you get on your computer - whether that be CRT or TFT.

If your laptop has a TV out, yes it can be done but, believe me, it's a waste of time.

captain birdseye 11:08 15 Jul 04

Thanks €dstowe......it was just a thought for a training session which I need to hold....no tv out on laptop so I'll do it the long way round via a data projector. I was looking for a quick way because the training sessions are fairly frequent, the environment is not particularly secure (but has a permanent tv) and it's a bind having to carry and set up the equipment every time.
Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…