using a tv instead of monitor

scooby43 18:29 11 Sep 04

Hi all

I am having a problem, using my tv I have connected the cable to the tv ariel socket and using a adaptor from the other end to the pc. I have tried tuning in the tv to find it but I can't find it using the tv anyone know what I am doing wrong. I connected the cables whilst the computer is off.

TomJerry 18:43 11 Sep 04

If the graphics card has a TV out port, either in S-Video or RCA Video format, you can connect to your TV's Scart/RCA connect.

You can not connect PC signal to TV's ariel socket because PC's TV out produce video signal, but TV's ariel socket only accept RF signal.

hugh-265156 18:45 11 Sep 04

the tv end of the cable goes to your av composite(video in) socket on your tv. its a yellow phono type connector and may be hidden under a flap somewhere. then select the av chnnel on your tv remote.

Night Ryder 18:45 11 Sep 04

Using a TV for this purpose is not very efficient as you won't get the line and frame rate offered by a monitor.

You would do better by connecting your computer to the scart connector rather than the aerial socket then select the AV input to view.

You are not very clear on how you have connected your aerial socket to the PC. To get a picture this way you will have to go through an RF converter first.

scooby43 18:55 11 Sep 04

ah I tried through a areial I would need a special scart lead to go from the graphics card and the tv

Valvegrid 19:13 11 Sep 04

You can't just go from the computer to the antenna socket on the TV, it won't work. but as Night Ryder says, use the AV channels.

Have a look here for guidance:

click here

scooby43 21:25 11 Sep 04

thanks for the link ill have a read and get back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…