using tiscali webspace

Sethhaniel 15:47 09 Aug 06

a friend has asked me to put a site up for him on his Tiscali space -
tiscali recommended a ftp prog for upload which is a 30 day trial -
question is there a facility for editing pages online as in Yahoo or Geocities - or does it have to be edited on your computer and then ftp'd
as I am neww to Tiscali
basic site just ftp'd is click here
if anyone has any suggestions for it ??

ade.h 16:52 09 Aug 06

Google for Smart FTP and you'll have a free-for-personal use FTP client with no trial as such, as long as you don't mind clicking Okay to the notice everytime it starts up. There are others available, I'm sure, but that is as good as it gets.

I can't answer your other question for certain, but I would not expect any online editing with a conventional ISP's freespace.

If you need a Wizzywig editor, you could try Nvu click here

ade.h 16:53 09 Aug 06
  Sethhaniel 08:48 10 Aug 06

I have downloaded a prog to put watermarks on - and will check a few pages to get the right style instruction for the text colour -

ade.h
have now downloaded Smart FTP - the NVU site is having difficulties at moment !! with the windows files download page not being found?

will try again later ;)

ade.h 13:41 10 Aug 06

It's up and running now click here

click here for support info and tutorials.

Sethhaniel 14:02 10 Aug 06

but click on the windoes file to download and:-
'The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.'
will try tomorrow ;)

David4637 14:42 10 Aug 06

As a Tiscali web site user, you edit on your PC then upload using a FTP prog. David

ade.h 14:54 10 Aug 06

If you get stuck, email me and I can send you a copy of the download, which I still have.

Sethhaniel 15:21 10 Aug 06

cheers,
thank god for memory sticks -

I have now sorted the colour links -ready for the next visit - so all going great guns ;)

Sethhaniel 08:48 11 Aug 06

have changed the link colour which has made it clearer - and added a copyright not on last page

am still looking into 'a watermark option' any free download' suggestions

GroupFC 08:58 11 Aug 06

I have seen Picture-Shark recommended on these pages in the past, but haven't used it myself so can't really comment on it click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…