Using Thunderbird mail client!!!

keatesy 14:35 21 Apr 05

Hey everyone, i'm after a bit of advice. I currently
use Firefox as my web browser and find it so much better than IE. Will i find that Thunderbird is better than Outlook Express and will i still keep my current email address????

Yoda Knight 15:09 21 Apr 05

You'll keep your current address. Better or not is a matter of preference...

vinnyT 16:18 21 Apr 05

It comes down to personal preferences, I really like it (but then I've never used OE, except when fixing other peoples pcs), give it a go, it's free.

ade.h 16:49 21 Apr 05

I find that OE 6.0 works better with my various account providers, but T'bird is okay once it's sorted and is very pleasant to use.

EdFrench 17:28 21 Apr 05

Thunderbird works in a slightly different way, using filters to organise your email.
It has RSS aggregators built in too.
Once you have gotten over the 'Culture shock' you may find that it suits you to keep it.
As vinnyT says, it's down to personal preferences.

Newuser4608 17:42 21 Apr 05

I tried it, but have gone back to Outlook Express. But I think Firefox is GREAT.

Stuartli 18:10 21 Apr 05

I use both Firefox and Thunderbird - both are excellent and I've never had any inclination to return to Outlook Express.

You can, of course, carry over/import your OE settings into Thunderbird.

keatesy 08:36 24 Apr 05

Thanks everyone, i've decided to give it a go. I totally agree with Newuser4608, Firefox is way better than IE. I used to have so many probs with IE, but now i have trouble free surfing.

Stuartli 10:38 24 Apr 05

Don't forget to "train" the Junk filter - you may have to create a Junk folder but it#s wonderful to see all the spam disappear in an instant after arrival.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced