Using slave to best advantage.

Derek 06:50 09 Feb 04

Win XP Pro. 60Gb hard disk Master and small spare 6Gb hd as a slave.
I would like to back up just essential data to the slave such as "My Docs" "My Publications" and address book etc. All this would consume less than three Gb at this time and I could always buy a larger low cost HD when the situation arises.
My questions are;
Can I do this without having Win XP Pro on the slave and second, what do I have to do to save my email files and address book ?

Many thanks for your continued support. DM

Diodorus Siculus 06:57 09 Feb 04

You don't need an OS on the second hdd; it can be used for storing data without an OS.

Backing up emails depends on your email client. If you use something Becky from click here it has its own folder where all data is saved and this can be on a seperated drive / partition. If OE, then you can open the address book and choose "export" from under the file menu.

Have a look here for info on backing up: click here

jimv7 08:21 09 Feb 04

Create folders on the slave drive of 'my docs and mail' first.

Right click on 'my documents' properties and move, browse to the slave drive 'my docs' and say ok.

If outlook express, 'tools, options, maintenance, store folder, browse to the slave drive 'Mail' and say ok.

Derek 09:46 09 Feb 04

Many thanks Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…