using a sempron with gigabyte M/B

Freestyler 22:42 29 Dec 04

anyone know if my gigabyte GA-7VA M/B will support a Sempron Processor, I want to upgrade from a Athlon XP1800, to a Sempron 2400 or 2500. The board supports 333FSB.
Thanks

josie mayhem 22:47 29 Dec 04

Semprons have a 754 socket, not sure what your mobo socket is, but your manual should be able to tell you.

Totally-braindead 22:52 29 Dec 04

click here(Rev%201.0).htm this is for motherboard REV1 if you have REV2 then click here(Rev%202.0).htm but personally I think it would be a waste of money, the Sempron is AMDs new budget chip(replacing the Duron) it has half the level 2 cache of the XP Athlon, you'd get more value getting a 2500 or 2600+ Athlon XP.

Totally-braindead 23:07 29 Dec 04

Have a look at click here or click here or click here or click here . Bear in mind if you get an OEM version you'll need to buy a heatsink and fan. These were the only ones I could find IN STOCK at the suppliers I use personally. Good luck.

josie mayhem 23:26 29 Dec 04

Totaly-braindead is right, the sempron I've got is the 3100+, in intel terms this actualy runs at 1800mhz, but I have managed to clock it to over 2070mhz. with out much trouble or alteration to v.core voltage ect.

Mind you if I had researched a bit better than I would have sayed with a P4 at the end of the day.

Freestyler 23:30 29 Dec 04

thanks everyone, Answer to Josie, the Board is socket A, To "Totally BD", I have logged on to the links provided. I don't know which Rev I have but it is 2 years old so I would guess REV1.and the CPU support says it will support up to XP2800.
Although when you click on GA-7VA Rev 2 on the MB drop down list, it still comes up with Rev 1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…