using second router with bt home hub

SteevWatson 19:28 25 Jul 07

Hi
I have bt broadband and connect using a BT Home Hub. I would like to add my xbox 360 and my media centre PC to the network but neither has a wireless card and they are both at the other end of the house from the hub. I really cant afford to buy anymore hardware just now. However I still have a Belkin F5D7632uk4A modem/router from a while ago. Is there any way I can use this as a wireless extender and plug my media centre and 360 into this?

Cheers S

Maturin 10:52 27 Jul 07

I am also interested in the answer to this query because I have a similar problem.

AFAIK a second LAN must be created for the devices connected to the Belkin router. Then, I think, the new domain must be added to trusted sites on the BT Hub. However, I am not clear how to actually do this.

Russh 20:21 14 Aug 07

Does the router support Wireless Bridging?

setecio 22:59 14 Aug 07

Well you could try to set it up as an access point and see what happens. Connect a LAN ethernet port on the Belkin to a LAN ethernet port on the BT - (up to 100m to locate the Belkin at the other side of the house (30m is less than £10)), on the Belkin disable DHCP, give it an IP address in the same series as the BT but out of the DHCP range on the BT.

ncc 16:16 15 Aug 07

you can get little units that plug into your ethernet on your devices and connect to your router. i've got one from buffalo with a four port switch in, so i can connect my ps2 and computer in my bedroom to my router in lounge without cables and separate wireless adapters

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…