Using SATA drives on Gigabyte Boards???

Vikesh 23:22 21 Sep 04

Hey, does anybody know how to use a SATA drive on a gigabyte motherboard. I have connected it in and and when i load up into bios, the drive does not appear in the boot order list. It is an OEM 160gb SATA western digital caviar. I then exit bios and wait for it load up and comes to a page where i can press tab to partition this drive so i know it has been recognised. When i go into this page, i cannot access anything, or it has all been disabled. SATA has been enabled in bios. When i try to install XP on the drive, i try to press F6 on loading up windows setup to install a third party driver , but it continues loading up and i cannot install any drivers or anything for the hard drive. Can anybody help please?????

System: Athlon XP3200, Gigabyte 7VT600 1394, 512mb PC3200 OCZ Performance, 512 PC3200 Matrix RAM, 160gb SATA Western Digital Caviar Drive, CDRW, DVD-ROM

slimbo51 05:39 22 Sep 04

Did this exact thing yesterday on an 80g Sata + Gigabyte Board..........

What I had to do was partion the H/Drive first, I use F/Disk.

Format in this case 2 partitions.

I was booting from a CD Rom to install Op/Sys (Windows Xp Pro).

As soon as the VERY FIRST Blue screen appeared insert the sata drivers which were on Floppy disk.

The Windows Op/Sys then took over and loaded the Sata drivers in as the Windows files were being loaded.

Worked perfectly first time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…