using router with dongle

jgjmci 01 Nov 10

I am currently residing in the Costa Blanca and am using an "unlocked" dongle with which I am obtaining excellent broadband connection via a vodafone contract, (Telfonica have no broadband coverage in my area).
Is it possible to use a suitable router so that we can use two computers simultaneously by plugging the dongle into that router?
Can anyone please assist?

Ashrich 01 Nov 10

There are router that accept dongles directly so more that one PC can be used , click here for an example , or there is an item called a MiFi , mainly supplied by 3 under a contract , or , click here for one offline and open to any SIM card , but they are really expensive for what they are .

Ashley

jgjmci 01 Nov 10

Many thanks Ashrich, I'll investigate the router as your link.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message