Using Recovery Disc

GBL 15:06 PM 29 Oct 11

I have replaced the HDD with a second hand one in a computer which has Win XP home on, I have used the recovery disc and run into several problems. No internet explorer, no Outlook express and I cannot install the Office suite. I get several messages depending on what I am trying to do. Windows installer problems is one. If I type msconfig into the run box that cannot be found etc.

I have done a similar thing in the past on another PC and all went fine, but not this time, I have formatted and reinstalled with the same result, I have put all service packs on, no difference, but it does prevent me from reformatting without taking the disc out, which I don't want to do.

Any advice??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:33 PM 29 Oct 11

Start - Run - type

sfc /scannow

press ok

let windows scan for and replace any missing or corrupt windows files

GBL 16:13 PM 29 Oct 11

Have done that and rebooted, still no change, it tells me that the Installer is not installed correctly and to run msconfig, but that is not found either. There is no ethernet and program files show Outlook express as empty.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:17 PM 29 Oct 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…