Using Publisher as a website builder - Problems

Polopaul69™ 13:08 05 Dec 06

Another question has come my way which i wonder if you can assist with.

A collegue of mine is trying out Microsoft Publisher as a side project in order to build a website from. The problem he's finding is that when he goes to do a webpage preview, the picture size leaves a big white block down the right hand side of the screen.

It looked to me as if he had the page dimensions wrong, but when i watched him change via page setup the dimensions from 800 x 600 to say 1000 by 800, it still (when being previewed) had an extra bit on the right hand side.

---------------------------------------------
I...................................I______ I
I...................................I THE I
I.................................. I EXTRA I
I...................................I BIT I
I.................................. I_______I
I...................................I _____ I
---------------------------------------------

If you catch my drift.

Can anyone assist on this baffling phenomenon (hope i spelt that right).

Cheers in advance

Z1100 14:47 05 Dec 06

The MS help forum...
click here

Very good it is too.

Hanx!
K.

Polopaul69™ 19:07 05 Dec 06

The reason he is using Publisher is not that he has to, but because he has been asked to, to basically see how easy it is etc.

Obviously he's finding flaws and this was just one of them.

Polopaul69™ 19:14 05 Dec 06

Basically he's teaching different packages to 11-15 year olds and from what i know he's showing them the in's and out's of each one, pro's n con's etc and i think this was a question that was brought up when he was showing them an example done with publisher on the whiteboard.

I said i would utilise the PCA Forum and try and find out why it did it. Hence the posting.

Polopaul69™ 00:27 06 Dec 06

I completely agree, its just something he has to do and one of the students picked up on it. He just wanted to find an answer to their questions.

I've played around with it a bit and i found that if you enlarge the width to 1000 pixels and leave the height then it kinda works, but will try the MS help forum to possibly find an explaination.

Will keep trying....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…