Using a PS/2 Mouse and a USB Tablet together?

jamesyt 20:38 27 Jul 04

Hi. I've got a Win 98 SE machine with a PS/2 mouse but I wanted to install a Wacom Volito Tablet (A wireless mouse and pen) for occasional use. I tried to install it today but it went up the creak and I couldn't boot up into Windows. Luckily I was able to uninstall the tablet in Safe Mode. Anyway, I just wondered if it was possible to have them both on the same machine? Would I need to remove the PS/2 mouse when using the Tablet.

Any ideas?

James

scooby43 21:06 27 Jul 04

When you say you are unable to boot in windows does the machine just reboot its self. If this is the case then yes I have seen that you have to have a PS2 mouse plugged in at the same time this corrected the problem.

Djohn 21:51 27 Jul 04

Full review of the product and software package at click here It should work OK even with the PS2 mouse plugged in at the same time.

I have a USB optical cordless mouse and just connected my old PS2 corded mouse and they both work fine, one will pick up the cursor when the other one lets go, just swap back and forth between the mice so should be the same for your mouse and tablet.

Very important to follow the instructions closely for installing USB devices, both software and hardware.

jamesyt 22:22 27 Jul 04

I followed the instructions, had to use the Win 98 CD to install some USB drivers, then I installed the Volito software and then It prompted me to reset. When it booted it up I got some DOS error about file protection, I can't remember exactly what it was so I went into safe mode and the mouse or keyboard didn't work so I took out the table, reset and went into safe mode again and the keyboard worked so I managed to remove the software and drivers. I assume they should work together like Djohn mentioned but I don't know why it didn't work. Is it something to do with Win 98?

James

canard 23:52 27 Jul 04

No it's not. My Win98 SE+PS2 mouse+tablet work OK. But not same brands as yours.

ton 01:05 28 Jul 04

My Wacom graphics tablet and mouse are fine together with Win98SE.

Chegs ® 03:20 28 Jul 04

I bought a tablet for my daughter,tried it on my PC running XP Home and it froze/crashed repeatedly until I unplugged either the USB tablet or the PS/2 mouse.Handed it to my daughter,she plugged it into her PC(XP Pro)and after installing the drivers it worked faultlessly in conjunction with her PS/2 mouse.Puters are a law until themselves. :-)

jamesyt 19:38 28 Jul 04

Thanks for the help but I still don't know what the problem is. I'll try installing it again. Wish me luck!

James

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…