Using a printer via network and router

RedYelBlu 11:32 AM 30 Nov 11

I have a Laptop running Win7 via a router and a desktop running XP with a canon printer connected to it. The desktop is hardwired into the router and the laptop is wireless. I’m using Panda Internet Security 2012, Windows Firewall and Defender.

If I want to print something from my Laptop, I’m able to by having the Desktop PC and printer turned on and have the Windows Firewall enabled and the Panda Firewall disabled on both machines. If I have the Panda Firewall enabled on both PC’s and the Windows Firewall disabled, then the printer will not print from the laptop.

I have read that the Windows firewall will automatically adjust settings for the 2 PC’s, but I would prefer to use the Panda Firewall. I suspect that I have to do something in the Panda Firewall settings to use it, so could someone please tell me what settings I have to change? Friends at work have suggested that I have to input an IP address into the settings, but is this the IP address of the router or of the desktop and laptop? Thanking you for any suggestions or help.

mgmcc 12:49 PM 30 Nov 11

You will probably have to enter the IP addresses of the two computers into the Panda Firewall settings. Better still, if you can, enter the Subnet address. If the router's address is then the Subnet address is with Subnet Mask

Using the Subnet address of allows access to all addresses from to thus avoiding problems with the PCs getting varying addresses by DHCP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off