Using phpBB forums members tables

Seelmeister 23:15 25 Feb 05

I have phpBB forums installed on my server, and am using a gaming CMS to create the main content of the site. I have been quite heavily customising the cms, but I have been un-able to create a members log in/register system, based on my already existing table.

Both the forums and the CMS use the same MySQL table, so I presume it is possible to create this, but I just have no idea as to how.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Taran 12:14 26 Feb 05

Creating a user registration and authentication system is no small thing. It is also probably well beyond the scope of this forum, due to space limitations if nothing else (800 words maximum per post).

Have a look at the excellent PHP Freaks site click here who have fully tutorials on user authentication, among other things.

You could also try Hotscripts.com for some examples of ready made scripts.

Same or similar table structure is academic really. Writing the necessary code properly and plugging it into your existing site is your headache.

If you get stuck over specifics I'll be happy to help (assuming I'm online) but a walkthrough based on a table structure is more or less an impossible task for this forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…