Using pdf formats

suburban train 23:39 26 Mar 03

Dear All,

I was just wondering why we use and what are the benefits of using acrobrat reader and storing documents in PDF format.

I have been doing a lot of reasearch lately to do with "White papers" on-line journals and company accounts and they are all in PDF. Even my course booklet at uni can be downloaded in PDF format.

So why and what are the benefits?

Cheers

fitshase 23:49 26 Mar 03

(1) The PDF format shrinks the size of a file without losing the quality - I have shrunk a 1 page MS Word document with 2 high res photos from 4.5MB to 160KB using PDF format.

(2) Once the PDF file is written, it cannot be edited which is an advantage for the online journals and company accounts.

(3) It is very wide spread now and the viewer is free which makes sense for online sharing of documents.

I'm sure there are more advantages but these are the 3 that came to mind straight away.

Regards

Fitshase

Gongoozler 07:28 27 Mar 03

"PDF files always display exactly as created, regardless of fonts, software, and operating systems". For the full version of Adobe's view see here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…