Using PC as a telephone

Johny C 18:36 25 Feb 03

My wife uses our home PC for work, and she wants to connect headphones with a microphone attached so when the phone rings she can answer it via the headset. She also wants to make telephone calls the same way.

Do i need any specific equipment or software to achieve this?

Many thnaks

John

spuds 20:13 25 Feb 03

A company called O1 Communique Laboratory Inc manufacture various software packages, of the sort that you are seeking. Further info from click here Places like PC World and Staples sell their product which usually goe's under the packaging title of Communicate/Communicate Pro

Qmar 21:05 25 Feb 03

click here

..conversation facility seems to be internet based..Johny C wants to use the Pc as a 'landphone'.?.. search this forum under dialer.exe .. I think a lot depends on your modem capabilities...+ you may need a mike with an inbuilt battery boost if you plug it direct to modem.. sorry I cant give you a successful scenario myself.

Bingalau 22:46 25 Feb 03

Have you tried "Yahoo Messenger"?

Johny C 12:30 26 Feb 03

Many thanks to the above for answering my post, I will be having a look at Communicate Pro, according to the website its just what i want.

There is a free 30 day trial on the website, so i will try it and see how it goes.

Many thanks

John

frior-one 14:39 26 Feb 03

has your problem been sorted....give it a green tick please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…