Using Outlook with Sky.com

belayer 11:58 03 Feb 09

Having a problem: I can access emails and send them using my sky.com address, but for my business I cannot send emails but I can receive them OK,(not sky.com).

I get error 0X80042109.

A google takes me to 'Free Scanning' sites which I don't like using.

Any solutions?

oldbeefer2 12:32 03 Feb 09

But googling that code also list several forums where that code has been posted - have you tried any of those?

belayer 15:51 03 Feb 09

oldbeefer, I have looked at some but its all Greek to me! i am looking for a simple explanation of how to overcome the problem. It seems this is something that everybody who uses Sky.com experiences, so there must be a simple solution

Tried your suggestion Beta - no luck.

oldbeefer2 09:35 04 Feb 09

Have you set up an account in Outlook using the wizard?

belayer 19:20 04 Feb 09

I did it manually, filled in all the boxes. It is a friend's PC, not mine. I can set up accounts easily in Outlook, I have 6 different ones on my own PC (not Sky).

I don't actually understand anything on the Sky.com site at all really. Its very complex to use.

I clicked on the Servers Tab (from 'Settings' and put in the details - smtp.tools.sky.com

P1d 20:13 04 Feb 09

What is the busines smtp address? Some won't allow sending from other domains.

I'm with sky.com and am able to send email from by business smtp address.

P1d

belayer 20:25 04 Feb 09

OK
my colleague is like [email protected], he wnats his work email on his PC to get emails, it is like [email protected] hosted by oneandone.co.uk.

Simple as that. But Sky doesn't seem to allow it. I spent 4 hours trying to configure Outlook (Vista) to accept it.

As a compromise I thought of using the domain name as a sky email - [email protected], and couldn't do that either.

P1d 21:05 04 Feb 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…