using Omnipage SE for Canon with Vista

Rogerfredo 11:28 07 Mar 09

I have recently upgraded my pc and find that I can no longer load the Omnipage SE scanner software that came with my Canoscan 5000F scanner.
There is an update from Omnipage for Vista, but this requires the original software to have been loaded first (and then removed). Obviously, if I cannot load the original software this does not help. Is there any way of obtaining a later version of Omnipage SE (eg version 3 or 4) to see if this will cure the problem?

Sea Urchin 12:57 07 Mar 09

This link has a download for v4 and see the Note right at the bottom of the page

click here

Sea Urchin 13:00 07 Mar 09

It says:

Note: If you get the error “This is an update product and cannot be installed unless a previous Canon-specific OmniPage SE product is present on your computer.” although you have installed and uninstalled the original OmniPage from the CD, try NOT to restart computer after uninstalling, and launch the update installer immediately.

Rogerfredo 09:23 08 Mar 09

Thanks Sea Urchin. I already tried that but I cannot successfully load the original CD software on my new system, as I get an error message.
I believe this is due to it being an early version. The download will therefore also not load, because the registry does not show a previous version of the software.

TonyV 11:09 08 Mar 09

Is it possible you can install the original by doing it under the compatibility system and using the same version of Windows that you had before as the compatible source?

TonyV

Rogerfredo 11:35 08 Mar 09

I have tried this without success. Strangely, the previous pc was running Vista, but had a different make of graphics card. The new system is an AMD Phenom processor, with an Nvidia graphics card, and I believe there have been problems running early software with these cards.
I think I will have to admit defeat and buy a later version of the software.
Thanks for all replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac