Using an old PSU

Jsimbaz 23:08 09 Mar 05

I am wondering if the is a way to get my old 150W PSU hooked up to a few lazer led's to jazz up my room :) - just wondering how i can get the psu to turn on without being connected to mobo or anything.

Josh :)

phono 23:20 09 Mar 05

If it's a standard ATX PSU I think you only need to connect the terminal with the green wire to one of the terminals with a black wire connected to it. Just make sure you have a load connected to at least one output connector.

wossie 23:48 09 Mar 05

looking at the ATX connector side on, with the "clip" facing you and the contacts pointing away from you, connect the green 4th from right to black 6th from right.

phono 00:10 10 Mar 05

I'm not sure if I'm right, but aren't all the black wires connected to 'ground'? So shouldn,t green and any black terminal work?

Also, be aware that some of the older Dells (older than Dimension 4300) did use proprietary power supplies that are not wired the same as the ATX standard, even though they will look physically the same.

phono 00:15 10 Mar 05

Have a look at this site. click here

Jsimbaz 07:43 10 Mar 05

thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…