Using Norton Ghost BootDisk to restore image file

scooby43 10:41 03 May 04

hi all I have managed to create a norton boot disk and I tested it. The problem is now, how do you restore an image using the norton ghost boot disk floppy that I have created. There are different options like local options, peer to peer which is grayed out, options and exit to exit the boot disk menu. I looked through the local to find options of parition check image etc but not sure how to restore an image that I have created?

jimv7 12:17 03 May 04

Boot from the floppy, when ghost has loaded, choose option disk to disk from image for images saved on another hdd or a cd rom/dvd rom, or partition to partition from image saved on a partition, depending on where you have stored the image.

Be very careful before you click the last 'yes' make sure that it is doing what you want, if you doing a restore, check the drive to restore to is the correct 1, drive restoring from is the correct 1.

If you have a partition and restore to a drive that partition WILL be lost.

Ghost does exactly what it says on the tin.

anchor 13:04 03 May 04
  scooby43 13:31 03 May 04

thanks for the replys do I have to reformat my hard drive first before the image or does ghost format the partition and re load the image that I have saved

jimv7 13:33 03 May 04

Ghost will do it for you.

anchor 13:50 03 May 04

Ooops!, I meant Norton Ghost.

Excellent Shockwave Tutorials

click here

scooby43 14:02 03 May 04

one more thing if I may to ask is there anyway of updating the image so that it updates the changes or do you have to make a complete different image.

jimv7 14:05 03 May 04

Different image.

scooby43 14:13 03 May 04

ok thanks for all ur help.. is there anything else I should be worried about when restoring an image as you mentioned jimv7 in your first post so all I do is to.

jimv7 Mon, 03.05.04 | 12:17 Boot from the floppy, when ghost has loaded, choose option disk to disk from image for images saved on another hdd or a cd rom/dvd rom, or partition to partition from image saved on a partition, depending on where you have stored the image.

jimv7 15:01 03 May 04

Nothing to worry about as long as you get the correct sequence, just check everything before you ok the last page.

Or as anchor has given the links for tutorials, check that out first.

scooby43 15:07 03 May 04

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…