Using Nero when U3 pen drive also in use.

Batch 17:01 11 Jun 08

I've found that Nero doesn't work (hangs) when I'm trying to erase / burn CDs/DVDs whislt a U3 USB memory stick is connected.

I can see the root of the problem. The U3 element of the memory stick gets mounted as a CD drive and Nero can't handle this. For example, when Nero is searching for drives which it can use, it appears to be locating this "CD" drive and getting stuck.

Is anyone else familiar with this issue and is there a solution?

Batch 08:17 13 Jun 08

bump

interzone55 08:52 13 Jun 08

I don't have any U3 drives but when I had a PC with multiple drives Nero could write to either drive, or even both at the same time.

Do you have the full version of Nero or is yours the OEM copy that came with your PC / drive?

If it's the latter then it's highly likely that Nero is locked to the drive in a similar way that windows is locked to your motherboard.

I used to find this happened quite a lot whan I was repairing PCs. I had three versions of Nero for the 3 brands of optical drives we used.

brundle 09:42 13 Jun 08

Having used Nero up to the last v6 and owning a U3 - I've not noticed the problem you describe, but I have ditched Nero in favour of a couple of freebies these days. None seem to have trouble with the U3.

This describes the issue but offers no solution; click here

interzone55 10:44 13 Jun 08

Dump U3 and use something like PortableApps instead

click here

I use this and Nero and have not noticed a problem...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…