using my printer "wireless"

acein1 21:22 24 Apr 08

ok,my desktop is wired vie d-link router using "xp",my laptop "wireless" conected to the same router using "vista",ive connected my "hp 1215 psc" to the laptop ,and it prints ok,so my question is,?? how can i print from the laptop,without the wired connection,im sure this is possable ,just need to make some adjustments ??somewhere ,any thoughts ??please

Zaphod 3 04:05 25 Apr 08

Follow the instructions here.

click here

acein1 22:27 25 Apr 08

zaphod 3, many thanks for your help,ive followed all the instructions,and all the settings seem to be as suggested,but i still cant print from my "laptop" without having the laptop connected directly ,thanks again

engsurv 14:51 26 Apr 08

acein1
In order to be wireless you need a transmitter and receiver, the transmitter is the router, the reciever is a "router compatable adaptor".
The adaptor would be fitted to a USB port on your laptop.

acein1 14:59 27 Apr 08

engsurv,???,are you saying i need a usb ??"something" to plug into the laptop to make it print wireless.
this is my setup, desktop running win/xp,hp psc 1215, printer all in 1, d-link wireless adsl router,(dsl-2640b)advent laptop running win/vista,can you give me some idea what i need to buy to make this work, thanks ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…