Using my ISP webspace

1minute 17:46 02 Sep 06

OK i know i have webspace with my ISP Virgin, but how do i go about creating my own webpage? Would prefer to build using free software and see how i go.

SANTOS7 18:48 02 Sep 06

click here
this may help..

1minute 14:24 03 Sep 06

Off to design my webspace now.

SANTOS7 14:44 03 Sep 06

see you in a couple of months then. LOL

robgf 14:00 04 Sep 06

Hi,
I use Virgin.net, their web space doesn't come with any extras, just think of it as a folder on the internet, to which you can add files and folders.

You should learn at least the basics of html, find a tutorial here:
click here

But I would advise using a WYSIWYG editor, as coding by hand is tedious.
You can find a loooonnng list of freeware editors here, some WYSIWYG, some just plain html editors, NVU or Frontpage Express would be a good choice to start:
click here

Once you have created your site, you need to copy it to the web folder, most people use an FTP program, I use FTP Commander, it's free and very easy to use:
click here

Note: The virgin web space will probably contain some files when you view it, these should not be deleted.
Also it can be fussy about deleting folders you no longer want, just refusing (in my experience), so you will have to rename and reuse any unwanted folders, to prevent yourself being over run.
But apart from that it seems very reliable.

Rob. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…