Using my computer as a phone...

woodbexhill 17:47 10 Jul 04

Where can I find software which will allow me to use my headset, soundcard, and modem in combination to use my PC as a telephone?

I can't find software which will allow me to do this as all the software I find runs the phonecalls through an Internet provider which would require me to set up and account and charge me for my calls.

SANTOS7 17:51 10 Jul 04

click here try this

Bebee 17:57 10 Jul 04

If, as I think, you mean you simply want to use your PC instead of a telephone, paying for calls as normal via you phone provider, then try this click here . I have used it and it works - can be used as answerphone and fax aswell.

woodbexhill 18:04 10 Jul 04

Thanks I'll give them a try

woodbexhill 19:09 10 Jul 04

I've got CallCenter installed, but a new problem has arisen.

Instead of the sound coming from my speakers, it comes out the internal modem speaker and so it is quiet, and of unbearable quality - how can i change this so it uses my soundcard to output the sound from the modem? (It is a Conexant SoftK56 Modem)

Bebee 08:37 11 Jul 04

I'm not sure on this. It may be through your modem settings, not via the software. I'm sure I have done it in the past. I think though, when I did use it I used a headset rather than speakers, and this was plugged into the modem. You could plug a set of speakers into the modem. I've done this too - the volume is adjusted in the modem settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…