Using a multi meter MS8230B

iqs 12:57 20 Jan 08

Hello.I have just bought a Sinometer multimeter from Maplins,modal below if link works.

It was bought just for testing a Pc,checking the voltage of the rails.It wont be used for any thing else.

I admit I know nothing about using these devices.Could any of the forum members who use meters like mine,instruct me on how to set the meter for Pc use.There are to many numbers and symbols around the dial,and the supplied instructions are not very clear.
Thank you

click here

octal 13:07 20 Jan 08

It's dead easy to use, for most work measuring voltages on the PC point the knob towards the 20 on the left of the scale and it will read all voltages up to 20 Volts.

The scale on the right marked ~ measures AC voltages, the bottom left of the scale reads resistance, switch the knob to it and put the probes together and it will show a short circuit. The bottom right of the scale that has a picture of a diode and the one marked hFE are for testing transistors, so don't worry too much about them at this stage. The black lead goes into the centre hole and the red lead goes into the right hand hole, if you want to measure Current then swap the red lead over to the left hand hole and point the switch to the 10A at the bottom right hand corner,

iqs 13:19 20 Jan 08

octal for your help.It all makes sense when someone explains it in laymans terms.Thanks you again.Kind regards,Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017