Using Msn With Oulook Express

Pccillin 10:53 09 Dec 03

I have just done a complete Re-Install on my PC and I am using XP.
So far so good with the Re-install.
There is, so far, one major problem.
I cannot get my MSN account to work with Outlook Express. I had it working last time after I downloaded a 'patch', but i cannot remember where I got the 'Patch from.

So I am asking for you help, both on finding the 'patch' or getting MSN to work with Outlook Express. I am using OE 6.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

beeuuem 12:59 09 Dec 03

You could look here click here
While running Outlook Express, click Tools and then select Accounts.
Click the Add button and then select Mail.
In the Display Name textbox, type the name you wish to be associated with this account.
Click the Next button.
Click I already have an e-mail address that I’d like to use. Then enter in the box below your [email protected] e.g. [email protected].
From the My Incoming mail server is a <> server dropdown menu, select HTTP.
From the My HTTP mail server provider is dropdown menu, select Other.
In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server textbox, type click here . Then Click Next
In the Account Name textbox, type your MSN email address, [email protected] and in the password box enter your msn internet access password.
Click the Next button.
Click the Finish button and then click Close.
You will then be presented with a box asking you Would you like to download folders from the mail server you have added? Click Yes. Once completed your msn mail box is now ready to use.

or here

click here

which may help.

beeuuem 13:02 09 Dec 03

The 'click here' in the incoming should read http: //oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata without the space between : and /.

Pccillin 13:12 09 Dec 03

Once again you have all come up trumps.

Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…