Using mouse & touchpad together.

Stuarthouston 22:58 27 Dec 04

Hi all,
I have a 1 year old time laptop. Recently i connected an external Samsung PS2 mouse to it, but it doesnt seem to like it. The touchpad still works fine, but on moving the mouse, there is a varying delay before it responds, even though the optical light lights up, which shows that the mouse is registering movement. When i check the mouse properties, it only shows 1 pointing device listed. Which i would imagine to be the touchpad. All drivers which came with the mouse have been installed. Does anyone have any ideas about how to have the mouse and touchpad working together, as the mouse is handy for gaming, and there is no way to disable the touchpad.
Any help would be appreciated.
-Cheers, Stu.

woodchip 23:04 27 Dec 04

Try a USB mouse, I had the same with a PS2, or you will need to disable the pad in Device Manager

Djohn 01:34 28 Dec 04

The one pointing device will be the mouse, touchpad will show up as touchpad. Try altering the pointer motion from the mouse properties.

woodchip 21:45 28 Dec 04

it's still the same, I removed the PS2 and use a USB, end of problem

Stuarthouston 21:52 28 Dec 04

I'll try a usb mouse. But that involves going to the shops, so might be a while. I'll let you know if it solves the problem.

Djohn 22:26 28 Dec 04

Thank's woody, it was just a guess on my behalf. Good luck with the USB mouse Stuarthouston.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5