Using laptop and projector for film show

Verbose 21:36 PM 10 Mar 12

Hi, I have another query re showing films with laptop and digital projector. My laptop is fairly basic with integrated graphics and mediocre sound. For sound I have an amplifier and large speakers fed from the laptop. If I bought a better laptop with a decent sound card and separate graphics would there be any noticeable improvement in the image quality and sound? Thanks

Ian in Northampton 08:25 AM 11 Mar 12

If I were you, I'd set up what you've got now and see/hear if it's acceptable. Or have you already done that, and determined that it isn't?

Verbose 09:44 AM 11 Mar 12

Yes, it's ok but the sound is a bit muuddy, picture quality is quite reasonable. Maybe I am just trying to convince myself that I need a new laptop! Having said that mine is incredibly slow.I like the look of the Toshiba satellite! Thanks for replying

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:24 AM 11 Mar 12

just trying to convince myself that I need a new laptop!

and why not :0)

I use an old HP laptop with win 2k pro that's fine for presentations also uesd a Toshiba with Vista the sound was rubbish from the built in speaker but Ok when run through external speakers.

Best improvement for films would, of course, be a laptop with a Blu Ray player (with Blu ray films).

Ian in Northampton 12:08 PM 11 Mar 12

Verbose: from the sound of it, you definitely, definitely need a laptop. Don't delay!

Does that help? Far be it from me to discourage an investment in a shiny new PC. Sometimes, it's just got to be done... ;-)

Woolwell 14:19 PM 11 Mar 12

Quality of picture may depend on projector (colour accuracy, resolution, etc) and no point getting blu-ray if the the projector isn't up to it. I regularly show films using a laptop and a projector. Built in graphics works ok but the picture screened was a bit dark until I adjusted the projector settings.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites