Using laptop and projector for film show

Verbose 21:44 PM 19 Aug 11

HI,I want to use my laptop and digital projector to show films at our village hall. I have a performing rights licence.I assume the laptop will not power speakers big enough for the job so what do I need? Would speakers with built in amplifiers be best and would the laptop be able to power them? My laptop runs Windows 7 32 bit with 2gb of ram. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Woolwell 22:03 PM 19 Aug 11

I do this at our church hall and link the laptop headphone or line out to the sound set up in the hall. I have also used a set of mains powered desktop speakers connected to the laptop which give a reasonable result but is not the same as through the hall's sound especially as that has a loop system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:04 PM 19 Aug 11

Speaker in projector?

Always found the speakers in the projectors, I have used, to be louder than the laptop speakers, just needed an audio lead with a 3.5 jack at each end.

Woolwell 23:24 PM 19 Aug 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ I find that the projector speakers are not so good as a set of powered speakers. I use a portable projector and one fixed on a pole from the ceiling. There is no way I can get to that one to run the speakers! But then I use the hall sound system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:38 AM 20 Aug 11

Agree, Its all down to the size of the room you are using.

One of my colleagues used to use a speaker bar http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-NQ576AT-LCD-Speaker-Bar/dp/B002HKIKDK usb powered from the laptop to boost the sound.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone