Using laptop and projector for film show

Verbose 21:44 PM 19 Aug 11

HI,I want to use my laptop and digital projector to show films at our village hall. I have a performing rights licence.I assume the laptop will not power speakers big enough for the job so what do I need? Would speakers with built in amplifiers be best and would the laptop be able to power them? My laptop runs Windows 7 32 bit with 2gb of ram. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Woolwell 22:03 PM 19 Aug 11

I do this at our church hall and link the laptop headphone or line out to the sound set up in the hall. I have also used a set of mains powered desktop speakers connected to the laptop which give a reasonable result but is not the same as through the hall's sound especially as that has a loop system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:04 PM 19 Aug 11

Speaker in projector?

Always found the speakers in the projectors, I have used, to be louder than the laptop speakers, just needed an audio lead with a 3.5 jack at each end.

Woolwell 23:24 PM 19 Aug 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ I find that the projector speakers are not so good as a set of powered speakers. I use a portable projector and one fixed on a pole from the ceiling. There is no way I can get to that one to run the speakers! But then I use the hall sound system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:38 AM 20 Aug 11

Agree, Its all down to the size of the room you are using.

One of my colleagues used to use a speaker bar usb powered from the laptop to boost the sound.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week