Using Google Mail on Outlook

dawsonc 08:48 23 Apr 06

I am trying to add an email account to my current Outlook session, but am being directed to the More settings button in outlook with an error message that says that "the Log on to the incoming mail server has failed", and directing me to the advanced tab in More settings.

Any ideas on what settings I need on this tab ?

keewaa 08:53 23 Apr 06

Here you go :

click here

keewaa 08:57 23 Apr 06
  dawsonc 09:10 23 Apr 06

Progress guys, but the error message occurs when I test settings and I am told to check the email address for sending of the test email. It is right as far as I can see.

How do I then open that new folder in Outlook ?

dawsonc 09:40 23 Apr 06

I see. In fact my mailbox is now an amalgamation of mail from two different mail servers. Is there a way in outlook to create two different mailbox icons in the explorer bar?

dawsonc 10:54 23 Apr 06

Whilst the email account is now added to my Outlook mailbox, when sending or receiving googlemail I am getting the error message saying that the procedure timed out, and that I should contact my service provider. Some sort of SMTP error. I know I am connected to the internet, as my other mails are being downloaded as normal. Any clues ?

dawsonc 15:46 24 Apr 06

If I change the server timeout setting, will that work. Perhaps the errors are because the downloads are longer than the default time out settings ?

dawsonc 09:23 25 Apr 06

The exact error message I am getting is
Task ' - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. ther server responded: ??0 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS commenad first g1sm352089nfe'

Any thoughts ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…