Using the form of an application, as XP background

darrendignam 09:48 19 Dec 03

I have a piece of software, that monitors the temperatures, and the fan speeds, of various components inside my case, and it has an application window (the only 'form' of the application) that has graphics, to display the data. Its this window, which I would like to somehow, appear below my icons on the desktop, and become the background 'image' for my monitor.

I would rather not have to program something, if there is some way of doing it, that already exists. But if someone can suggest tips on a way that I could program it, I welcome them.

Taran 11:00 19 Dec 03

I can't think of any way that you can set it as an active background, but you could drag a shortcut to the program into your start folder so that it starts when your PC boots up. All other programs opened will sit on top of that one, but it will still be there and running for you to view as and when required.

powerless 11:06 19 Dec 03

I've seen a little proggie that will display certain info on the taskbar or i think at the top of screen.

Anything that opens will be underneath it.

See if I can find it.

powerless 11:12 19 Dec 03

Hmmm ok click here

An XP - Longhorn if you like.

But i'm sure i've seen something smaller.

darrendignam 11:15 19 Dec 03

i will give it a go, cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…