Using Firefox

Meshuga 17:58 17 Oct 04

I have downloaded Firefox to try it out and it downloaded ok and I have its icon on screen but cannot see how to use it. When I open it it asks, do I want to make it my default, do I have to, to be able to use it. I have Win xp home os.I thought I would get a browser window and access the net and send webmail but there`s nothing like that.Any advice please before I uninstall it. Meshuga.

VoG II 18:00 17 Oct 04

Just say "no" to making it the default. It should then open a browser window.

Meshuga 18:36 17 Oct 04

That`s exactly what I do and I have just done it again and it doesnt open anything,. The window that opens with the "Do you want to make it your default" message remains and the question disappears.There are various things about firefox and an invitation to download it. It`s the free version. It shows as installed in Add&Remove in control panel.Should I uninstal and try again.? Meshuga.

VoG II 18:38 17 Oct 04

Yes, I suggest that you uninstall then download again from click here

Meshuga 18:45 17 Oct 04

Will do.Your click here is where downloaded it in the first place.Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 19:03 17 Oct 04

Have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox via your link and the result was exactly the same. The only page I get has the word Firefox in Red and the invitation to download.There is no browser page as I know them. Meshuga.

VoG II 19:17 17 Oct 04

I'm pretty sure that when you first install Firefox it will take you to the Firefox home page. Do you see an address bar?

You could try posting the question click here

click here is what the Firefox window should look like.

gudgulf 19:28 17 Oct 04

I agree -- Meshuga, follow the link to the download and it should take you to the Firefox home page where set up should complete and you can download any plugins you want.

Meshuga 19:45 17 Oct 04

I get nothing like those , no home page like yours,no address bar. It`s more of an information page with a download facility. There is a blue bar along the top, like the one on this page, which reads,Firefox-Rediscover the Web- Mozilla Firefox. A little below that, where the address bar is on this page, is a white horizontal slot, not marked address, and in it is click here . There is nothing to click on to proceed. Hope you can make sense of that. Meshuga.

VoG II 20:04 17 Oct 04

Try typing a web address like www .microsoft .com into the white horizontal box and press the Enter key.

Meshuga 20:26 17 Oct 04

and got a microsoft window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5