Using FAX on XP PC

Baslla321 19:27 17 Nov 03

I enabled Fax on my PC but was told that I have no modem. I use cable connecton. Is it possible to have FAX on a cable connection? Or do I also need a phone connection? OR CANT YOU HAVE BOTH?

john-232317 19:32 17 Nov 03

You need a phone connection....

Q. Do I have to be married to have safe fax?
A. Although married people fax often, there are many single people who fax complete strangers every day.

Q. How do I go about faxing a complete stranger?
A. Just ask them if they want to fax. If they do, they will give you their phone number.

Q. My parents say they never had fax when they were young, and were only allowed to write memo's to each other until they were 21. How old do you think someone should be before they can fax?
A. Faxing can be performed at any age once you learn the correct procedure.

Q. If I fax something to myself will I go blind?
A. Certainly not. As far as we can see.

Q. There is a place on our street where you can go and pay to fax. Is this legal?
A. Yes, many people have no other outlet for their fax drives and must pay a "professional" when their needs become too great.

Q. Should a cover always be used for faxing?
A. Unless you are really sure of the one you are faxing, a cover should always be used.

Q. What happens if I do the procedure incorrectly and fax prematurely?
A. Don't panic. Many people fax prematurely when they haven't faxed in a long time. Just start over, most people won't mind if you try again.

Q. I have a personal and a business fax. Can transmissions become mixed up?
A. Being bi-faxual can be confusing, but so long as you use a cover with each one you won't transmit anything you're not supposed to.

Q. Is getting faxed by one person the same as with another?
A. No. Even though many people (especially lawyers) would like you to believe that the longer they are faxing you the better you will like it. In reality the best fax is short, of high quality, and very graphic.

Q. There is a man I'd very much like to fax (I've tried several times) but he can't seem to keep his equipment up long enough. Is there any thing I can do to help him?
A. You could suggest that he contact a good fax therapist, such as Canon or Mitsubishi. If he refuses to take the suggestion, it would be best if you just wrote him off.

spuds 19:43 17 Nov 03

I had a similar problem. Possibly something to do with SP1.Have you installed SP1?.Eventually I got fed up trying to activate the fax via Microsoft, that I installed Communicate Pro click here You could also try the BVRP fax download, which is free.

Alan2 19:51 17 Nov 03

A gem!

A.

accord 20:04 17 Nov 03

do a search for fax in the helproom search and there is loads of threads on this topic.

heres one from july 03 click here

beeuuem 20:06 17 Nov 03

A fax is a telephone call in which data is sent instead of speech. To make the call you need to able to dial over the telephone network. BB isn't able to do that.
If you install a voice/fax modem and connect to a standard 'phone line you'll be able to send and receive fax with the XP software.

john-232317 20:27 17 Nov 03

When i posted it ,it was all set out in lines but arrived in one paragraph, a little harder to read.
, but still funny....LOL

DieSse 22:09 17 Nov 03

You can use a fax-to-email service on broadband, such as efax click here

Also Tiscali and Trinite do smilar services.

Baslla321 11:20 18 Nov 03

TKS. Where do I get BVRP fax free?

Accord: Tks. So one can have fax on cable. I have asked my ISP for clarification on this point but they are slow to answer.

DieSee: TKS Checked yours too.

Daddyassa: That was a funny fax! WOW ! RGDS. 69

accord 12:44 18 Nov 03

Baslla321

to clarify, i assume you are using NTL or telewest due to the cable modem you have mentioned.

I am using a cable modem via NTL 6oo. I cannot fax via this set up alone. To fax I use a USB modem plugged into my BT line. I use this for outgoing faxes only with incoming faxes coming through on email via trinite.co.uk click here so i dont have to have my pc turned on all day when im out. I find trinite is really good even for the £25 a year fee (48p per week. I havent had any experience with efax or any others.

so to summarise.... fax via a cable modem, NO you will need a dial up modem for this.

hope this helps in some way.

Baslla321 14:40 18 Nov 03

OK I understand. Thanks for myr help Rgds

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…