Using FAT 32 in Zip Disks

Advocatum 02:19 20 Apr 03

To all:

There is a very great and usefull “tip” that was discovery accidentally by me:

I get an USB 250 Iomega Zip Drive, and several days ago, I installed in my PC an Internal 250 Iomega Zip Drive.

Well, in some moment, there was a 100 MB Zip disk inserted at the internal unit, and I opened the Disk Administrator from Win XP, and so, making experiments, clicked at the format command and, logically, was apeared the format window, but I observed that there was an option to format as FAT or as FAT 32 system in the full format.

You know that 100 MB disks only accepts Quick format when be formated in 250 MB Drives, so I think that the FAT 32 option could damage the 100 MB disk, but I decided to take the risk and was not surprised when the disk was fully formated with FAT 32 system, then I’d probe the formated disk at the USB drive, and it was recognized without any trouble.

Notice that my experiment was over 100 MB disks, but there is more reason for works with 250 MB units, and today I was working with 250 MB disks without no troubles.

Finally, you most to remember that Win XP has the same Disk Administrator than Win 2000, so on, posibilities to use 100 MB Zip Disk in 250 Zip Drives was incremented, and don’t forget that older media and hardware are cheaper than the newest.

DieSse 02:33 20 Apr 03

However, Iomega only recommends that you use their own formatting software click here

Not that I have any personal knowledge on the matter.

Advocatum 20:07 21 Apr 03

DieSse:

You are all rigth, but format 100 MB with the discovered option is a way to reuse it with full format that is not provided by Iomega.

I recomend and I'll be using Iomega format but sometimes, if required and, in order to save special features, eventually the OS format.

Thanks and very truly yours... Advocatum

Advocatum 20:08 21 Apr 03

DieSse:

You are all rigth, but format 100 MB with the discovered option is a way to reuse it with full format that is not provided by Iomega.

I recomend and I'll be using Iomega format but sometimes, if required and, in order to save special features, eventually the OS format.

Thanks and very truly yours... Advocatum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…