using eudora light mode to read talktalk mail

mandydog 08:23 05 Oct 06

I am trying to use my talktalk email with Eudora. It hangs up while connecting with the pop server and eventually Eudora times out. I do not have Outlook Express.

I gave the mail program the following.[altered personal names]
email: [email protected]
SMTPServer=smtp.talktalk.net
PopServer=mail.talktalk.net
user name = [email protected]

For the freeserve address I give
email: [email protected]
SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net
Pop server: pop.freeserve.co.uk
user name: ourfreeserve.freeserve.co.uk

and it works
However, for talk talk the program times out while connecting to the pop server. I have tried changing the user name to the talktalk login viz [email protected] and [at different attempt] the pop server to pop.talk.net but none of these cure the problem. I sent a message to this address from my freeserve address. I need to change email to talktalk as I am getting so much spam on freeserve.

Please advise me. I do not get far enough for password to be checked.

Diodorus Siculus 10:09 05 Oct 06

Could be a problem on the TalkTalk end - mail servers can have problems and offline times.

Ashrich 22:08 07 Oct 06

What error messages are you getting from Eudora when it times out ?

Ashley

mandydog 23:28 07 Oct 06

The error message is:
Logging into POP serve CAPA
SSL Negotiation failed.
The connection with the server has been lost. Cause, Eudora got tired of waiting for the server [10100].

The connection was still working, as I could come and post this message

mandydog

Ashrich 23:13 08 Oct 06

Go into tools/checking mail and try setting the drop down box to " never " to disable SSL see if that helps ....

Ashley

mandydog 23:47 09 Oct 06

Just tried your suggestion, but it did not change things

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…