Using an e-reader stylus

fuggle 15:23 PM 06 Dec 12

I am looking for an e-reader. I am not interested in lots of features. I simply want to read books and look up words in the dictionary. Having played with some I find highlighting a word difficult (stubby fingers) and would welcome advice on the use of a stylus. Sony PRS-T2 comes with one but I am comparing that with the Kindle Paperwhite (which doesn't). I believe the two screens operate differently and may affect the use of a stylus. Sony has infra red sensors and the Kindle capacitive touch. Any advice welcomed.

northumbria61 16:51 PM 06 Dec 12

There is one here cheap enough or more expensive one on same page enter link description here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:02 PM 06 Dec 12

You don't have to use a touch screen one.

how about a cheap kindle here uses the buttons to highlight a word.

fuggle 08:56 AM 07 Dec 12

Thanks Fruit Bat.. I have used the cheap Kindle but prefer to pin point a word quickly with a stylus than to navigate with the cursor.

And thanks Northumbria 61. I am checking out the capacitive stylus.

mehim 09:29 AM 07 Dec 12

THE Wacom stylus here duo stylus is also a biro and the tip is smaller than most. It is a bit expensive but works well with kindle touch, my Samsung phone and even my Samsung 10.1 tablet that has the 'special' S pen.

All round good tool.

I have stubby fingers also but can generally navigate the kindle touch OK.

Just discovered the Touch does not need a special pen, it works with the plastic end of a biro ( got a protective screen on it). So maybe a touch and Biro is all you need!

northumbria61 13:59 PM 07 Dec 12

v1asco - your link takes me to Coast Party clothing!

Chronos the 2nd 14:12 PM 07 Dec 12

The link from northumbria61 is generally what I use except I tend to get the packs as they do where out. Here.

Chronos the 2nd 14:12 PM 07 Dec 12

where = wear.

mehim 10:23 AM 08 Dec 12

duo stylus I hope

Hope the above works!

Now going to check out Coast Party clothing, never heard of them!!!

mehim 10:24 AM 08 Dec 12

checked clothing out, not really my style, I'm over 60 and male.

northumbria61 22:54 PM 09 Dec 12

Coast Party clothing might be giving away a free stylus with your first order OR You could always do fancy dress for Christmas !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…