Using E-mails while abroad

MatElstead 16:53 10 May 05

I travel around the continent regularly and want to keep in touch via e-mails and accessing the Web. I have a Notebook but don't want to have to search for a telephone socket to access my messages. I understand that connecting via my mobile will be very expensive and not always successful. Can anyone advise me about using a Vodafone or Orange 'card', or other similar method, slotted into my Notebook as an easy/inexpensive way of getting my e-mails while I'm abroad ??

pauldonovan 16:59 10 May 05

..but in theory as long as you have coverage and have been enabled for going abroad you shouldn't have too many problems.

These days you could also just use internet cafes although that is obviously not as convenient. Phone socket might not be too difficult but you'll need to adjust dialling settings each place you go. We use pipex when people go abroad as they have a roaming option just for that where you dial a local number.

Yoda Knight 16:59 10 May 05

Youd probably be better off calling at a Vodafone shop for details

pauldonovan 17:00 10 May 05

..just thinking about this more...you mention 'inexpensive' ... I doubt mobile data abroad will be too inexpensive.

Blackberry would be good for this too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…