Using DiscWizard to back up system.

Laser157 13:02 01 Dec 03

When installing my new Seagate HDD I used the DiscWizard software and copied all my existing drive onto it using this program. It strikes me that I could use it to copy my new drive back to the old one as a periodic backup of the whole system. Has anyone used this software in this way and were there any snags?

Diodorus Siculus 13:16 01 Dec 03

Not used it, but would recommend using NortonGhost or XXCopy for a process.

have a look at this for backup info.

click here

Laser157 13:46 01 Dec 03

Thanks Diodorus Siculus for the link. A lot to digest there, but I will have a good look through it. I'll leave the post in case I get any takers who have tried using DiscWizard.

pj123 14:21 01 Dec 03

If it worked one way there is no reason why it shouldn't work the other. I would suggest though that you format the disk first before doing each backup. I personally use xxcopy from click here but I have to reformat my backup disk before each copy.

Laser157 15:06 01 Dec 03

Thanks pj123. That was my thinking too. I think I would also have to format the backup drive before using DiscWizard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…