Using count for a query in Access

Mr Confused 23:38 29 Jan 04

I am currently doing this project in Access for a residential home. The query I am trying to perform is between 2 tables - RESIDENTS (stores details about the residents and the GP they are with) and GP (stores details about the 11 GPs). These tables have a relationship which is joined my the field name GP_ID.

The query I am trying to perform is the number of residents assigned per GP to be displayed. This is meant to be over a set date as well but if anyone could advise of how to get to this stage I would be grateful. Whenever I use the count function it just counts the residents and puts a 1 in the adjacent column.

These are the current details I have in my query: -

Resident_ID (RESIDENT TABLE)
Group By

Resident_ID (RESIDENT TABLE)
Count

GP_ID (RESIDENT TABLE)
Group By

GP_Registered_ Date (RESIDENT TABLE)
Group By
Between "11/11/03" And "30/11/03" (FOR INSTANCE!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone wants to have a look at the database for me that may be easier to comprehend - send me your email address and I'll email it over.

Gingermum 17:26 30 Jan 04

Hi,
If you are recording that a patient has different doctors at different times, you should have three tables. Your design may be wrong.
I have asked the moderator how to send you my email address. I'd be very happy to help you out. I used to do lots of Access dbs but have now moved to Belgium - and I'm BORED!
regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch