Using count for a query in Access

Mr Confused 23:38 29 Jan 04

I am currently doing this project in Access for a residential home. The query I am trying to perform is between 2 tables - RESIDENTS (stores details about the residents and the GP they are with) and GP (stores details about the 11 GPs). These tables have a relationship which is joined my the field name GP_ID.

The query I am trying to perform is the number of residents assigned per GP to be displayed. This is meant to be over a set date as well but if anyone could advise of how to get to this stage I would be grateful. Whenever I use the count function it just counts the residents and puts a 1 in the adjacent column.

These are the current details I have in my query: -

Resident_ID (RESIDENT TABLE)
Group By

Resident_ID (RESIDENT TABLE)
Count

GP_ID (RESIDENT TABLE)
Group By

GP_Registered_ Date (RESIDENT TABLE)
Group By
Between "11/11/03" And "30/11/03" (FOR INSTANCE!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone wants to have a look at the database for me that may be easier to comprehend - send me your email address and I'll email it over.

Gingermum 17:26 30 Jan 04

Hi,
If you are recording that a patient has different doctors at different times, you should have three tables. Your design may be wrong.
I have asked the moderator how to send you my email address. I'd be very happy to help you out. I used to do lots of Access dbs but have now moved to Belgium - and I'm BORED!
regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…