Using a cd-rw or dvd rw liike a hard drive

Demora 17:05 21 Mar 05

I am wondering is it possible to use a cd/dvd rw disk in the re writer as if its another hard drive? I used to be able to 'fix' a zip disk in the Iomega zip drive to do this.

TIA

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 21 Mar 05

You need something like INCD from Nero.

Its a package writing program , one the CD-RW is formatted you can drag and drop to it.

If you have XP it has its own CD righting software. Right click the rive in My computer select properties, recording tab, tick box Enable recording on this drive

Demora 17:17 21 Mar 05

I have nero incd and also sonic dla, what I actually want to do is install a programme I don't use very offten thats rather bloated to a cd and keep the saved created files on the same drive

Demora 17:17 21 Mar 05

I have nero incd and also sonic dla, what I actually want to do is install a programme I don't use very offten thats rather bloated to a cd and keep the saved created files on the same drive

SEASHANTY 17:27 21 Mar 05

See under advantages compared to competing formats
click here

Diemmess 17:55 21 Mar 05

Perhaps the answer my be self evident. Say with InCD running and the app's setup files previously copied to the CD, try and install it from that CD.

Obviously, if it does install and work, then you are laughing, but if not, then you are no worse off!

Demora 08:36 22 Mar 05

Thanks for that SeaShanty. The article was most interesting and have saved it to my pda for when shopping for disks

I didn't mention that Incd is on the desktop and Sonic DLA is on my Toshiba laptop (this has a dvd RAM/ multi drive)

SEASHANTY 10:57 22 Mar 05

Not all DVD writers support DVD-RAM. The Pioneer
models will read DVD-RAM but not write to it. The
LG DVD writers GSA4163 etc appear to be the only models which support all three DVD formats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…