Using C Cleaner

Meshuga 08:03 20 Oct 04

Having seen CClean recommended in these forums to clean up the rubbish that collects I have downloaded it but am unsure what to tick in the lists and don`t want to remove anything that should be left alone. Can anyone give me a brief resume` as to its safe usage. Many thanks. Meshuga.

Diodorus Siculus 08:07 20 Oct 04

I have always let it delete what it wants with no adverse effects under win2k. It seems to err on the safe side.

Meshuga 08:14 20 Oct 04

Should have said that my OS is XP Home SP2.Will assume its ok with that too. Regards, Meshuga.

Diodorus Siculus 08:17 20 Oct 04

Should have said that I also run it on my laptop with xp SP2 - but rarely as I don't use the laptop much. I will be away most of next week with it and should have a lot of research to do so when the libraries get boring I may well test it out a little .

Meshuga 08:26 20 Oct 04

OK. Have a nice week. Meshuga.

no-name 10:07 20 Oct 04

Meshuga when deleting from 'Issues' it asks if you want to make a backup because that affects your registry - a good idea to say 'yes', but I've never experienced any problems.

spuds 11:43 20 Oct 04

Agree with above comments, but make sure that you know your 'stored'passwords for future use.CCleaner can have a tendancy to erase these on cleanup.

Meshuga 13:25 20 Oct 04

to all who replied. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…