Using Blank Word Document

NSBT 11:49 15 Nov 07

I use Open Office

When I'm typing into a blank word document, the word appears for me, how do I insert the whole word instead of me tying it.

For example, if I start to type professional, when I type the letters prof the whole word appears in blue, if I press enter, the word disappears, how do I enter the whole word, instead of me typing it?

TIA

bretsky 12:54 15 Nov 07

Have you tried the Tools>Autocorrect dial box where you'll find a whole raft of options and all will become clear.

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 12:56 15 Nov 07

Sorry, should be Tools>Autocorrect>word completion tab.

NSBT 16:29 15 Nov 07

Hi Bretsky

I've followed your advice >tools > Autocorrect> word completion tab, however some boxes are already ticked, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do

Sorry if I sound stupid

bretsky 17:31 15 Nov 07

No problem, just been into my O/O writer settings as above Tools>Autocorrect etc etc and I have Enable word completion ticked and Collect words and When closing a document save the ..... All ticked and then below that "Accept with" choose from the dropdown box which I have set the key "Enter" then when all done click OK.

bretsky ;0)

NSBT 18:23 15 Nov 07

Hi bretsky

OK thanks I'll give it ago.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…