using a Belkin Wireless Print server with BTRouter

Thomsk 14:09 09 Mar 06

I have a BT Voyager 2091 router and an Epson Stylus DX4850 printer. I was advised to purchase a print server in order to be able to print from my laptop wirelessly. I purchased a Belkin wireless G USB Print server, but am having difficulty. I can print if I connect my print server to my router via an ethernet cable, but cannot seem to do so wirelessly. I am thinking that maybe it had something to do with the fact that the set up wizard for the Print server wanted a 26 character 128-bit security code, but my voyager router only has a 13 character one?

Any ideas (put forward slowly for this complete fool) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TomG 19:53 14 Mar 06

Belkin wireless equipment usually offer 2 types of wireless security - wep (which you appear to be using) which uses a 13 character hexadecimal key and wpa which I think is 26 character.

Have you looked at the manual for th epribt server (it will be on the cd) or go to belkin.com and have a look there.

Danoh 19:17 17 Mar 06

As your Voyager 2091 is a wireless router, getting a Belkin wireless Print Server would mean you have are now trying to set up 2 wireless networks.
You will have to decide which one of the 2 networks to connect to with your laptop.

A non-wireless Print Server would have been sufficient, connected to your Voyager 2091 as you have already managed to achieve and using its wireless network only.

BTW, WPA-PSK allows up to 63 characters for the password/security-code.
WEP 64bit (13 chars), 128bit (26 chars).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5