using adsl model router and noraml adsl modem at t

bhagat singh 00:17 01 Aug 06

i have a big problem i tihnk lol! i currently have both a pc and a laptop. now my pc is connected to a normal adsl modem and is in our loft. I also have a linksys adsl modem router for my laptop. I havent connected the router and the pc because the range is too far from the loft to downstairs and for some reason i cannot use the modem and the router at the same time any help? thank you

FelixTCat 08:18 01 Aug 06

bhagat singh,

Regrettably you cannot use 2 adsl modems on the same telephone line. You could try a wireless router and see if you can get a signal. If you have a telephone extension in the right place (e.g. between the 2 pcs) you could run both wirelessly.

Regards,

Felix

silverous 08:30 01 Aug 06

Wireless is the way to go. If wireless signal strength isn't enough (and there are various things you can do to strengthen it - like adding antennea, I believe you can get signal repeaters etc.) then you may want to look at wired for at least one of the machines. In theory you could feed an ethernet cable down the gap at the side of the loft into rooms below if the router was there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…