Using adaware and spybot alongside Norton firewall

heidelberg 18:58 02 Feb 04

Is it necessary?

I use both Norton firewall and anti-virus -

1. Is it necessary to use adaware and spybot (and any other recommended applications) alongside?

2. If so any suggestions to prevent them "clashing"?

Dave

hoverman 19:14 02 Feb 04

I have Norton Internet Security installed plus Ad-Aware 6, Spyware S&D and Spywareguard and never had any problems. They all live happily together.

hoverman 19:16 02 Feb 04

Sorry meant Spybot S&D.

tanzanitre 19:28 02 Feb 04

I have both norton AV and Firewall and use ad-aware and spybot,never had any problems.

They all do their own job!

heidelberg 19:56 02 Feb 04

Thanks for your suggestions hoverman and tanzanitre.

I've installed bothe ad-aware 6 and spybot S & D and installed latest updates (though spybot dtection rules came up - twice - with error message "!!! bad checksum!" - any suggestions?)

Do either of you - or anyone else for that matter - have any suggestions as to the best way to set up Norton firewall, ad-aware and spybot on thsi same PC?

Dave

gudgulf 21:09 02 Feb 04

You can happily run all these programs with whatever configuration you want!--Both adaware and Spybot S&D run on demand and neither get in the way of Norton (internet security 2004 in my case).
If you have problems updating Spybot try using a different download server-just to the right of the "download updates" button is the name of the server you will connect to--click on the arrow to the right of this and select a different one from the dropdown box that appears

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…