Using 2nd email addresses in Outlook 2000

Nick1 18:58 05 Dec 03

Some of my contacts have second email addresses. When I try to send an email using the 2nd address I right clikc on the addressee in the message recipient window and follow the 'action' and 'send mail to' arrows. I then click on the alternative address and get an error "A dialogue box is open. Close it and try again."

How can I send mail to the alternative address?

Puzzled of Melton Mowbray.

hellred 18:31 06 Dec 03

I bet your Outlook program is set to use Internet Mail only, right. For that to work properly you need to re-configure you mail settings to Workgroup and set the profile to use internet settings as default.

Nick1 22:06 06 Dec 03

Thanks, hellred. I have just had a look at the help topic and it said that for a dialup I should be using "Internet only" and it says that if I change the settings various files will be deleted and others added and that some features will change. It all sounds as if I should probably leave things well alone and work around it by having the alternative email addresses in different contacts. What do you think?

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…