Using 2 Hard dives How?

gel 16:29 PM 14 Sep 12

My ASUS K53U has 2 hard drives C 200 GB which I understand and where all my files are stored and D 240GB which is empty How can I use D drive? I do not see how can I can save anything to this drive Can some one help please? gel

woodchip 16:39 PM 14 Sep 12

If you load a Program choose Custom install rather than just pressing OK all the time, then choose the D/: drive also if you save photos choose in the Program settings where you want to store like wise with everything ells you choose

john bunyan 16:53 PM 14 Sep 12

If I were you I would install any programme files on the C drive - this is the normal default drive for programmes and the operating system and 200 Gig should be fine. I would then create a maser folder (Say "Data") on the D drive and also create sub folders in it - say Word, Photos, Music etc, each with sub folders as you wish. Then I would ensure that each programme puts data you create into the sub folder you want on the D Drive. BTW you do not say what OS you have - do look up Libraries via Google if using W7. In this way you could make images of the C drive from time to time using a programme such as Acronis True Image (to an external drive) and simple frequent mirror image copies of your data (music, photos etc) using a free programmes such as Freefilesynch or Synchtoy. Do ensure you have a back up programme along the above lines ASAP.You may wish to consider making the C drive a bit smaller - say 150 Gig and increasing the D accordingly as in time your data will grow.

gel 16:56 PM 14 Sep 12

Thank you

I will study what you suggest I should have said I am using windows 7 gel

Daiol 22:29 PM 14 Sep 12

Good little backup here for you,Only got until midnight I believe. link...

rdave13 22:39 PM 14 Sep 12

Please check that you have two hard drives and not one hard drive with two partitions. Creating a backup image on a hard drive with two partitions is pointless unless it's the OS that gets corrupted and not the drive.

gel 07:46 AM 15 Sep 12

Thank you all for your comments I now understand gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…