Users of Style XP and/or Windows Blinds....

ade.h 18:09 30 Sep 05

Has anyone had experiences (good or bad) of these programs or anything similar?

I tried Style XP recently but my PC (XP Home in this case) had a major beef with it, and it took some work to fix the mess.

Is Windows Blinds better, or are there any other ways of applying new themes to XP?

Any and all input much appreciated as always.

Chegs ® 18:20 30 Sep 05

I have both installed,but only ever used StylesXP.My only complaint was ever boot needed to d/l a tiny file to re-enable Styles,until I applied a "UXTheme Patcher" My version of StylesXP is 1.01,but it was a freebie from a coverdisk.

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 18:24 30 Sep 05

You can download the patcher from neowin

click here

ade.h 18:25 30 Sep 05

Okay, so at least Style XP can work; I'm just very reticent to try it again as my configuration hasn't changed much since the first try.

You say that you don't use WB; is that because you found it problematic, or is it just not as good as Style XP?

Chegs ® 18:53 30 Sep 05

No,nothing like that.I just found that StylesXP did what I wanted(allowed me to dispose of the sickly green "Start" button)click here

ade.h 17:18 01 Oct 05

^bump^

Mr Mistoffelees 17:43 01 Oct 05

I am using Style XP 3.09 and I have no problems with it at all.

SANTOS7 17:52 01 Oct 05

Been using windowblinds for about 5years now never had any serious probs, some compat issues, can be solved easily, used along side cursor XP can make your desktop look pretty good...

ade.h 17:55 01 Oct 05

I might give Style XP a second chance and hope that it works okay this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…